- 6 potatoes sliced ( we used Yukon gold potatoes)
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Where To Buy
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice 6 Yukon potatoes (we used a mandolin for an even consistent cut). In a saucepan melt butter on medium heat, add in 3 tablespoons all purpose flour and whisk until smooth. Leave in 1 bay leaf and begin to add the almond breeze while constantly stirring with a whisk. Add 1 thinly sliced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder, 2 teaspoons fresh thyme sprigs. Mix in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1 cup vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a simmer to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaf and remove almond milk mixture from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease your casserole dish with a nonstick spray. Lay half of the sliced potatoes on the bottom of the casserole dish. Pour half of the almond breeze mixture over the the potatoes. Repeat the process until you have a second layer. Spread the 1 cup of cheddar on top and place casserole dish into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and fully cooked.
Share this recipe with friends
facebook twitter pinterest Email
click to rate