- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned or freshly cooked and processed)
- 1 cup Almond Breeze almond milk (honey or unsweetened) Where To Buy
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a regular sized 12-cup muffin tin by greasing or lining 8 cups.
- In a medium sized bowl, make your flaxseed eggs by combining the flaxseed with water, giving it a good stir and allowing it to sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
- In large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Add the remaining ingredients (pumpkin, almond milk, coconut sugar, coconut oil and molasses) into the bowl with the flaxseed eggs and stir well to combine.
- Gently add the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Do no over mix.
- Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into 8 cups. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden in color and a toothpick comes out clean.
Share this recipe with friends
facebook twitter pinterest Email
click to rate