- 1 cup mashed avocado
- ¼ cup unsweetened Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk blend Where To Buy
- 2½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or other liquid sweetener like honey or brown rice syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Coconut flakes and dark chocolate shavings for topping
- Using a food processor or high power blender, combine all ingredients except the coconut flakes until the mixture is smooth. Taste and add more sweetener, if necessary. Put in refrigerator until it is cold. Top with coconut flakes and dark chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
- I used Almond Breeze unsweetened coconut flavored almond milk to give the pudding a hint of coconut flavor but any flavor almond milk will do.
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup was plenty sweet enough for me, but feel free to play around with the amount of sweetness based on your tastes. You might find that 2-3 Tablespoons is enough for you and your family.
- You can use whatever type of liquid sweetener you like. If you want to make a low-sugar pudding, you could use stevia instead. I’ve also seen recipes that add banana or dates for sweetness. I think the banana version would be delicious but I know some people aren’t a fan of banana flavor so I didn’t try it. Maybe next time!
- I used a good quality dark chocolate bar and my microplane zester to create the chocolate shavings you see on top of the pudding in the photos.
Share this recipe with friends
facebook twitter pinterest Email
click to rate